Block 2

block-2-and-adjacent-blocks.png

Energean is the Operator and has a 75% W.I.in block 2, at the Ionian Sea, Greece. Helleniq Energy owns the remaining 25% Working Interest.

Work to date on the licence has identified that Block 2 contains part of a large, potential target. The prospect is thought to be an analogue to the Vega field offshore Italy, in which Energean holds a 100% W.I. The structure is covered by sparse 2D seismic which could be de-risked through the seismic programme that will be acquired as part of the minimum work programme.

Energean has planned to conduct a seismic survey at the end of 2022-early 2023. 

ENVIRONMENTAL ACTION PLAN

The Environmental Action Plan (EAP) regarding the seismic acquisition in Block 2 has been submitted to the Greek Directorate of Environmental Permitting by Total E&P Greece, which was the Operator of the licence at the time of submission. The Directorate granted approval in June 2021. In the meantime, Energean became the Operator of the licence.

The complete EAP can be found here

Should you wish to contact us to get more information or make a complaint regarding the project, please fill the form below:

Contact Us

*indicates required

Email Us Form