For the second consecutive year, Energean supports the Dodoni Festival, by being one of the Grand Sponsors of the events which take place in the Ioannina Perfecture, an area which Energean explores as member of a JV with Repsol.
Energean supports the Dodoni Festival, which is organized in collaboration with the Municipality of Epirus, the Ephorate of Antiquities and the Cultural Center of the Municipality of Dodoni, focusing on the Archaeological Site of Dodoni.
Energean, which is active in the exploration of hydrocarbons in the prefectures of Ioannina and Thesprotia, considers the Dodoni Festival as an institution that can significantly promote the cultural and touristic profile of the region.
Our company is pleased to support the Dodoni Festival, as we believe it can become a reference point for the cultural events of Epirus and our country in general. The level of events is particularly high and it is clear that, combined with the historical symbols that characterize the Archaeological Site and the Ancient Theater of Dodoni, this institution has all the prerequisites to create an attractive touristic product with obvious benefits for local communities in the region.
This year, the program of the Dodoni Festival includes the following events:
- On the 7th and 8th of July, the festival presents a group analytical Symposium, entitled "The Connection between the Ancient Greek with the Psychoanalytic and the Group-Analytical Thought: Omen-Interpretation-Prevention". The Symposium is co-organized with the Institute of Group Analysis "S.H.Foulkes" (Ι.Ο.A.F. - EGATIN member).
- On the 30th of July, the Contemporary Music Orchestra of the Greek Public Television (ERT), presents the "Women's Portraits" by Thodoris Lembesis.
- On the 5th of August, the ancient theater of Dodoni will host the National Theater of Greece, which presents Sophocles' “Electra”, directed by Thanos Papakonstantinou.
- On the 12th of August, "Helen" by Yannis Ritsos will be hosted, directed by Dimitris Avdeliodis.
- On the 26th of August, under the full-moon light, the singer-songwriter Nena Venetsanou, the composer-guitarist Notis Mavroudis and the guitarist Giorgos Tosikian, will present a program based on two guitars.
For one more year, the implementation of the Festival will be held by the Cultural Center of the Municipality of Dodoni.