Job Advert - Tax Controller
Job title: Tax Controller
Location: Tel Aviv, Israel
Type of contract: Permanent
Energean is seeking to employ a Tax Controller for our Offices in Tel-Aviv. The Energean Tax Controller will support the related Israeli tax reporting, tax computation, records and maintaining appropriate tax procedures according to relevant legislation and Group policy.
- Preparing the annual corporate income tax returns of the company
- Preparing oil tax levy (Sheshinski) reports in accordance with the special oil & gas tax regulations
- Monitoring and ensuring direct and indirect tax procedures and compliance
- Interpret and implement new or revised tax laws and legislation
- Produce and deliver timely, accurate and reliable data concerning taxes to the Tax Controller for the preparation of the required reports
- Compute taxes owed and ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements, including Corporate Income Tax, Oil tax and Indirect taxes.
- Assisting and collaborating with the accounting team on work activity for achieving accurate and efficient tax entries in the ERP system.
- Preparing the working files for the deferred taxes in accordance with IFRS.
- Assisting and supporting the Group finance department on all tasks and ad hoc assignments related to tax
- Assist with the preparation of the local transfer pricing files
Qualifications and Experience:
- Adv. or CPA diploma
- Demonstrate experience including tax compliance, accounting, internal external tax reporting which almost certainly include experience in a large company or Big 5 with ideally 2-4 years of experience.
- Strong technical knowledge with deep knowledge of the Israeli tax legislation; knowledge of oil & gas tax legislation will be considered as an advantage
- Significant knowledge of accounting environment, including international reporting standards (IFRS)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with written and spoken fluency in both Hebrew and English
- Hands-on, Self-directed, and highly motivated
- Able to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Detail-oriented, dependable, and trustworthy
- High computer literacy and good working knowledge of relevant ERP system (SAP advantage)
- Well organized, team player, dynamic and fast learner