Job Advert - Compliance Officer - Italy
Job Title: Compliance Officer
Type of contract: Permanent
To strengthen our compliance and internal control management system in Italy, Energean is looking for a compliance officer to work closely with the Italian business and deliver the Group compliance program to the Italian affiliates.
The compliance officer will safeguard our interests and reputation by ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines. As an integral part of the business team, he/she will coordinate the activities of definition and implementation of organizational and management models and codes of conduct adopted by Energean Group. He/she will also manage audit activities on processes and related accomplishments, with the aims of supporting the success of the business, while minimizing risk.
- Act as an "operational arm" to support the Organismo di Vigilanza (upervisory Body of the Legislative Decree 231/2001) in providing assurance on the adequacy of Model 231 by implementing assessing, monitoring and updating Model 231 and planning and executing the related testing activities.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the Group anti-corruption compliance program, by assessing, monitoring and auditing the current policy and planning and executing the related testing activities.
- Ensure that Group policies are followed and respected accordingly and that behaviour within Energean Italy Spa and subsidiaries complies with the standard of business conduct.
- Provide value-adding advice and support to Energean Italy Spa management for the correct implementation of the defined organizational and management models and of the corrective actions identified to overcome the highlighted gaps.
- Carry out the risk assessment (on the basis of organizational changes or new crimes that are part of the law 231), also with the support of external suppliers.
- With the support of the Group Internal Audit function, plan, coordinate and perform 231 and anti-corruption audits and follow-up activities, to be carried out in Energean Italy Spa departments and subsidiaries, coordinating also audits co-sourced with the Group Internal Audit function.
- Ensure the training program and the correct communication information/dissemination of the 231 Model.
- Monitor compliance with regulatory issues in relations with internal and external stakeholders (supply chains, business partners, JV Operators, third parties, etc).
- Support the Group Internal Audit function, liaising with Collegio Sindacle for compliance matters.
- Be always updated on the latest regulatory environment to ensure full compliance with the defined of applicable regulations and rules of conduct.
- Master's degree in Law or Economics.
- Proven professional experience in compliance programs regarding both Legislative Decree 231/01 and anti-corruption legislation.
- At least 7years of professional experience in corporate compliance with a law firm or with a Big-4 consulting firm (assurance services and control/risk/compliance) and/or with a large multinational’s internal audit/compliance department.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Italian administrative law and procedures.
- Professional Certification in corporate compliance & ethics or an internal audit certification are a plus.
- Good organizational, prioritization and time-management skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in Italian and English, both verbal and written.
- Independent and proactive approach.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong team-work skills.
- Availability for business trip (Italy and abroad), with frequency and duration as needed;