Job Advert - Commercial Manager
Location: Tel-Aviv, Israel
Experience level: Experienced professional
Type of contract: Permanent
Energean is looking for a Commercial Manager to serve as a key member of the Group’s Commercial Team.
- Management of existing GSPAs with large gas buyers including; - Timely provision of all contractual notices - Calculation and forecasting of contract pricing (with Finance) - Initiation, management and settlement of contract disputes (with Legal) up to DoA threshold - Validation and notification of contract nominations and procedures (with Operations) - Co-ordination of contractual maintenance with gas buyers and the TSO (with Operations)
- Leads the Liquids sales and contracts, including all related implications of Liquids sale.
- Responsible for the monthly statements to clients and to the Finance team for the purpose of invoicing.
- Responsible for the Annual Statements to clients.
- Manages the ERP (SAP) controls, modules and its maintenance, allowing accurate tracking and reporting.
- Represent the company in Israel energy market and regulatory forums, conferences and trade bodies
- Gather, assess and interpret market and regulatory information to help manage price and volume risk.
- Represent the company on commercial sub-committees of any relevant JV OCM’s
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce, finance, law or engineering or other relevant academic degree.
- 10+ years of experience in the energy or directly associated businesses.
- Experience in an oil & gas or power generation company would be an advantage.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- ERP experience, SAP would be an advantage
- Fluency in oral and written reporting.
- Fluency in English and Hebrew essential.
- Must have demonstrable record of achievement in at least one customer facing role in the energy industry.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the Israeli electricity market and the global (and preferably Israeli) gas markets and their interrelationships.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the exploration, development and production of natural gas and the generation of electricity.
- Be highly numerate and familiar with the drafting and operation of legal agreements.
- Have experience of negotiations.
- Comfortable with representing the company at a senior level, including public speaking.
- Must display initiative, resilience and a flexible and collaborative approach.