Job Advert - Procurement Officer
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Location: Athens, Greece
Type of contract: Permanent
Energean is seeking to employ a Procurement Officer for our Head office in Athens. The Procurement Officer will be part of our C&P team facilitating transactional and operational procurement activities and supports Business Units and Project Teams in a variety of procurement functions from procurement transactional work to product/services sourcing and contract management.
- Support the Business in meeting its objectives through the execution of transactional and administrative C&P tasks, such as purchase requisition quality assurance, PO processing, contract administration and simple buying.
- Provide support to the requisitioners as required, to increase the ease of creating requisitions and answer queries relating to the progress of the procurement process.
- Support C&P and Contract Holders in the efficient processing of tenders and outcomes.
- Process procurement requests for goods or services, by preparing and issuing Purchase Orders to awarded suppliers.
- Provide order status updates to C&P officers requestors and C&P.
- Maintain supplier and procurement databases and provide reports for supplier’s performance to support procurement planning and decision making.
- Produce Procurement Reports as requested.
- Filing and organizing of procurement documentation as required.
- Follow and enforce the company's policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in Business Studies/Supply Chain/Engineering or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in Supply Chain Management/Procurement Operations or related field.
- Excellent command of the English language (oral and written communication).
- Computer literate and experienced with MS Office suite of applications
- Experience of working with ERP systems (SAP MM preferred)
- Good understanding of the buying process and excellent understanding of the RTP (Request to Purchase) process.
- Ability to always maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Strong emphasis on accuracy and detail.
- Ability to organize, task and identify priorities.
- Commitment to continuous learning.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of an international team.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment