Job Advert - Health & Safety Engineer
Job title: Health & Safety Engineer
Location: Haifa, Israel
Type of contract: Permanent
Energean is seeking to employ a Health & Safety Engineer for our Offices in Haifa. The Health & Safety Engineer is responsible for supporting and focused on the overall Energean Israel H&S activities and objectives.
- Responsible for managing internal Health, Safety and Compliance audits Onshore and Offshore as per the approved HSE audit plan
- Responsible to monitor timely submission of corrective action plan and closeout of audit findings
- Responsible to monitor and analyze trends to identify Health, Safety and Compliance areas to be audited and improvements so that HSE performance targets are met.
- Responsible to capture and communicate lessons learned from the audits findings and investigations etc.
- Maintain familiarity with all relevant Energean emergency response and incident reporting and investigation procedures. Assist the Onshore drilling team and actively participate in Incident Investigations.
- Lead process hazard analysis (PHA) safety activities such as quantitative risk assessment (QRA), HAZID, HAZOP, and LOPA workshops
- Calculate the physical effects and related consequences for specific process safety scenarios
- Perform process safety risk assessments for emerging issues and develop mitigation plans
- Provide process safety expertise and considerable practical experience to help the organization identify improvement opportunities and guide those improvements to ensure we are using best practices and implementing sustainable work processes
- Coach leaders on process safety fundamentals, risk management, safe behaviors and process safety culture
- Support governance of process safety processes, standards and performance by developing and reporting key performance indicators, trending and analyzing incidents and other data, participating in audits and other assurance activities
- Provide process safety expertise for incident investigations, help teams to consistently identify root causes, effective and sustainable corrective actions and relevant lessons learned that can be leveraged across the organization
- Develop and deliver training and presentations to enhance process safety knowledge, hazard awareness, foster a sense of chronic unease, and support continuous learning
- Create Health & Safety related documents as required.
- Participate in daily morning calls as required.
- Work closely with Energean Onshore and Offshore HSE and Compliance officers.
- Maintain familiarity with all Energean HSE procedures and policies
- Monitor onshore and offshore compliance with Energean’s HSE Management Systems and provide regular feedback to Israel HSE Manager
- Provide clear communication to and open discussion with the Israel HSE Manager on HSE concerns, trends and initiatives and incident investigations.
- Support Energean and its contractors to correct any deficiencies identified from near miss reports, audits, hazard reviews and incidents and implement any trends identified.
- Assist in planning and executing quarterly emergency drills.
- Evaluate all observations cards and ensure learnings are shared to mitigate potential hazards.
- Support Energean FPSO Report on Major Hazards (RoMH)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemical engineering (or similar relevant Engineering field)
- Master of Science (MSc) in Engineering field (advantage)
- Previous professional experience in similar position
- Trained, competent and certified Lead Auditor: ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 (preferable)
- RCA –Accidents / Incident Investigation training. e.g. Helix / TapRoot (preferable)
- Human Factors Analysis Tools- incident investigation.
- Fluent in Hebrew and English (any other languages are an advantage)
- Extensive experience as safety engineer
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation.
- Systematic and analytical approach to management of change and associated procedures.
- Ability to transform problems into a solution with achievable outcome.
- IT literate with proficiency in word processing, report writing and delivering presentations
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills.
- Clear written and verbal communications.
- Trustworthy and approachable.
- Knowledge of Israeli regulations
- Knowledge of EU Offshore Safety Directive (preferable)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Previous experience with HSE MS and Environmental MS
- Experience with HSE & Audit procedures
- Experience with HSE Software (i.e. Synergi Life)