Edison E&P was acquired by Energean in 2020. The company was established in July 2018, but the hydrocarbon sector of Edison has been active since 1954.
- Production from NAQ PIII commences, plateau production of 55,076 boe/d achieved in Abu Qir.
- Production starts in the new Abu Qir platform North AQPIII.
- Acquisition of North El Amriya & North Idku Offshore.
- Gas production of the Izabela field, offshore Croatia, commences.
- Edison acquires interest in UK production acreages.
- First oil production in Egypt Wester Desert (West Wadi El Rayan).
- Edison is awarded the Abu Qir concession in Egypt.
- Discovery of Izabela field, offshore Croatia.
- The group doubles its gas reserves thanks to the Rosetta and WDDM offshore concessions in Egypt the first LNG plant for the local market was developed.
- Acquisition of Elf Italia (Rospo Mare field).
- First gas discoveries in the Rosetta offshore concession in Egypt.
- Edison begins E&P activity in the Offshore Nile Delta, in Egypt.
- Edison consolidates leadership among private operators in Italy by purchasing the Italian reserves of Deutsche Shell Italia.
- Operations for crude oil extraction from the Vega field commence.
- Ausonia Mineraria (34%owned by Edison) discovers gas at Portocannone (CB, Italy).
- Edison begins hydrocarbon exploration in central and southern Italy, and in Sicily.